Frequently asked questions


Is your service free?

Yes, as a customer you pay us nothing. We get paid through the suppliers, with the exception of the water suppliers.

Can I terminate my agreement?

Yes, any agreement can be cancelled free of charge within 14 days of confirmation.

Do you also provide insurance?

No, we do not have an AFM license ourselves, but we collaborate with European Insurance BV, who help our clients finding the right insurances.

Can I file a complaint?

Yes, we are sad to learn that you are not satisfied with our service. We will gladly assist you with your issue, just send an e-mail to

Can you terminate my current contracts?

No, due to new GDPR legislation we are not allowed to do this anymore. Of course you can do this yourself within your personal account of the provider.

You can also send email to the respective customer service:

How can I shut off the utilities before my move?

You can do this online or we will call you to better assist you.

Why is the start date of the contract is different in the agreement than my move-in date?

In the Netherlands you always have a 14-day cooling off period, therefore the actual start date sometimes takes place a bit later. The energy company always looks at the initial meter readings on the move-in date.

Are the prices shown all-in?

Yes, we are required to provide a full customized offer with all costs included. Please note that the (monthly) advancements are always an estimate of the annual consumption. If you consume more than you expect, you will have to pay an extra at the end of the year.

What is a variable energy contract?

A variable energy contract is terminable monthly without penalty. The rates of variable contracts are fixed for 6 months and change in January and July.

What happens when my energy contract expires?

The energy contract will then automatically change to a variable contract. We can always offer a new contract.

Can I transfer my energy contract to my new home?

Yes, you can take the energy contract with you to your new home, completely free of charge.

The network supplier is threatening to shut me down. Can I arrange an energy contract urgently?

In the Netherlands you are obliged to take an energy supplier at your new address. If you don’t do this in time, you will receive a warning and then be disconnected. Easy Nuts can do an urgent registration whereby the new energy contract will be visible to the network supplier within 48 hours.

What kind of internet can I get in my new home?

This depends on the connections available at the location: ADSL, Cable or Fiber. Do the postal code check of Easy Nuts to find out.

How quickly can you get the internet set up?

We guarantee the following:

  • ADSL: 14 dagen KPN, T-Mobile, Youfone en Budget Thuis
  • Cable: 4 days Ziggo and CAIWAY
  • Fiber: 16 dagen KPN, T-Mobile, Youfone en Budget Thuis

Do I also get a WIFI modem?

Yes, all internet providers whom we work with provide a WIFI modem on loan: KPN, Ziggo, T-Mobile, Youfone, CAIWAY and Budget Thuis.

My internet is much slower than indicated beforehand?

Speed is always measured directly connected to the modem. Speed over WIFI is almost always slower. You can improve the speed by moving the modem to another location. A WIFI amplifier often helps too.

Are your prices more expensive than directly at the internet provider?

No, we apply the same prices. We also have special propositions for the moving customer.

I have technical problems with my internet?

First of all, always turn the modem on and off. If it still does not work contact your internet provider.

Do you offer sim cards with unlimited calls and unlimited data?

Yes, that’s right. Based on fair use policy it comes down to about 5 GB per day.

How soon will I receive my SIM card?

Usually we make sure that the SIM card is delivered the next business day.

Which mobile providers do you work with?

We work with Lebara and Budget Home.

Do you also have monthly cancelable sim-only?

Yes, we do offer a monthly sim-only.

Can I also keep my current number?

Yes, we will be happy to take care of this for you. We will port the number to the new SIM card.

Is a sim-only cheaper than a phone subscription with phone?

Yes, a sim-only subscription is much cheaper per month.

Which water supplier can I choose from?

The choice of water supplier is tied to the region where you are located.

What am I going to pay per month?

This depends on the type of house and number of people. As a guideline, use about 10 euros per person.

Is the water supplier terminable on a monthly basis?

Yes, you can cancel it free of charge if you move again.

Where is my water meter?

Your water meter accurately records how much water you consume. It may be located in:

  • the meter cupboard
  • the crawl hatch behind the front door
  • the meter pit in the garden
  • the common meter room*
  • another (different) location

Why and when do I have to report the meter reading?

Every year you will receive a periodic bill; this is based on your water consumption during the previous period. In order to be able to charge for your water consumption, we need the correct meter reading. We send it by e-mail or post for each postal code area. On your contract confirmation you will see when you can expect your periodic bill. You will receive the letter or e-mail in the month prior.

Am I obliged to choose a water supplier?

Yes, in the Netherlands you are obliged to purchase water, electricity and gas for a new home

If I move, am I obliged to take out insurance?

In most cases you are required to take out insurance. If you buy a house through bank financing, the bank usually requires a building insurance. If you rent a property you are usually required by the lease to take out liability insurance and glass insurance. You can find this in the lease or mortgage deed.

Which kind of insurances should I take out?

When renting an apartment, most people opt for a liability insurance and a contents insurance, with glass coverage. For owner-occupied houses, usually a building insurance, a contents insurance and a liability insurance.

What does a household contents insurance cover?

Contents insurances generally covers all damage to contents caused by water, storms, fire, theft and vandalism.

Can I also take out insurance with Easy Nuts?

No, we work together with a specialized partner European Insurance with an AFM license to advise. We can only pass on your personal data (NAWT) for advice.